Alerting officer staff on member response by text message or alert
  • We are a small department that relies on paid on call staff at night that responds from home. As an officer it would be very helpful to know if someone is responding before we request mutual aid. 

Is it possible to have a text message sent to the officer staff based on responses from members. For example, we have a structure fire and I have 4 members responding from home and I know this because I received 4 text messages or a different sound of an alert from active 911 notifying us that a member is responding to the station or to the scene. This has been done with the family member option already.  
  • Nick - What you're suggesting is currently not an option within Active911. It is certainly possible for us to build the feature you're describing. There is a feature in our backlog that will audibly alert a device when a response is selected for an alert. I believe that would meet your needs. We aren't currently working on that feature, and there is no guarantee that it will happen. If you'd like to discuss this more, please give me a call at 541-223-7992, extension 212. - Grant