Follow-Up Alerts (related to single incident)
  • Hello all....

Looking for ideas on how to get additional alerts via Active 911 related to the same incident.

Example:  Department is dispatched to a Structure Fire.  Active 911 alert goes out.  Later, the same incident is upgraded to a 2nd alarm. 

We would like an additional alert to be sent via Active 911 that the incident has been upgraded.

I had the idea of assigning a dummy-unit to the CAD call, triggering an Active 911 email... however with it having the same Incident ID number, the alert would be blocked.

Any ideas?

-DJM
  • This would be dependent on your agency settings.

For my agency, we receive follow on notes from dispatch in the same active911 incident.  Every time they update the notes, it repages via their cad and sends an update to Active911.
  • DJ M. - What you're trying to do might be already be possible with some adjustments to your agency settings. If you haven't already, I recommend contacting our support team for assistance. You can contact them by sending an email to support@active911.com, or calling 541-223-7992. I also recommend following the link below to read more about duplicate alert options:

http://wiki.active911.com/wiki/index.php/Duplicate_alert_options