PC Webview always going back to the center of the city
  • We installed the PC Webview on what we refer to as our "status boards" in the stations.  We did get a different seat license for each location and I entered the activation code for each one but they always seem to "re-center" somewhere in what looks like the center of the city.  These units are run by fan-less CPU's which should be perfect for the Webview application but right now they are useless because they always recenter.  

I have read the Wiki notes on the issue and it recommends using GPS Gate for the geo-locator for the units but I am not sure if this is the right thing to do.  If anyone has any suggestions or has used GPS Gate I would love to hear your input.
  • Tom - Based on your description, it sounds like you might have the "New Alert" or "Open Alert" option for the "Auto Scroll Triggers"setting enabled for your Webview devices. I recommend selecting the "Never" option for that setting. Using that option will only move the map screen on those devices when someone manually interacts with the device to move the map screen. For more information about Webview, and how its settings work, follow the link below:

http://wiki.active911.com/wiki/index.php/PC_Webview

If you continue to have problems, I recommend giving us a call. When you call, you need to have access to one of the Webview devices. We are open 7am to 4pm PST Monday-Friday with an hour lunch from 11:30 to 12:30. At your convenience you can give us a call at (541) 223-7992.