Response/Status Updates in the Details section
  • I wasn't quite sure what category to post this under, and I searched for any similar threads but didn't see any.......  It's a mix between a question & a future feature request if it can be done.

When we receive alerts for calls everything works great & when responding to calls I will either keep the active incident open on my phone in it's cradle on the dash, or on my tablet.  I do this because the majority of my department members don't have radios, and while responding to calls I try to stay off my phone/texts so I can focus on radio traffic & start putting together a game plan in my head.

Each time someone hits a status button you'll see the response bar scroll & update the status for each person.  Last night (2-2-2018) we were dispatched for a structure fire & for whatever reason my iPhone screen timed out and I missed a couple of my folks who weren't on call but had marked themselves available if needed.  One of the first things I checked was in the settings where you can set the screen timeout to None so it would stay on.  I'm not sure if it was an app malfunction, an iPhone malfunction, or both.  My question / idea is this:  Each time a persons status changes (they hit Responding, Avail, UnAvail, etc) would it be possible for the app to "ding" or play some sort of alert sound that is specific for that so when you hear it you know it's someone updating their status?  

As I said above I searched and didn't see where this had been mentioned or discussed before, but if it has please accept my apologies for posting it again.  Otherwise I've been pleased with the app from Day 1 when we started our trial phase & the features being implemented/improved upon continue to make it an invaluable tool for me when managing a response, especially a large multi agency response.  Any thoughts, suggestions, etc are welcome.

Thanks again & keep up the great work!!!!

D.W. Michael - Chief 990
    American Red Cross
    Rowan County, NC
  • RedCrossChief990,

Thank you for the idea and post. I do not know of anywhere else this has been posted or requested. I have made a request for your idea on our idea portal. You can vote, comment, and track it here: https://ideas.active911.com/ideas/A911FEAT-I-530

Please feel free to share this link. The more people who vote for it the more seriously it will be considered.
  • Awesome, I appreciate you doing that.  I'll try to pass the word around.  Some may think it sounds simple but when responding to a call most folks are focused on driving and trying to monitor radio traffic, which in my case I'm monitoring 3 separate channels when responding. It's not easy to have to keep trying to check a device to see if personnel status has changed.  At least with a "ding" or some type of alert we'd know it's something that we should look at.
    D.W. Michael - Chief 990
    American Red Cross
    Rowan County, NC