iOS11 Problem
  • I was only getting alerts on my notification screen and not in the app. I deleted app and reinstalled and now it is working correct. I have an Apple Watch so I get the alerts on my watch. However when I open the app, it plays the sound as it displays the call. It should not be playing the alert.
  • I’m having the same issue. It’s not every time I open the app that the alert sounds but it has happened a few times. Did you find that deleting the app and reinstalling fix this issue?
  • So it just happened again. While on my iPhone running ios11. I get the notification of a call while phone on vibrate. I then turn my sound back on on my phone. I open the Active911 app and my ringtone that is selected for Active911 goes off. It was about 45 second between getting the vibrate notification and then switching sound back on and then opening the app which produced the audible notification again. It has only done this since ios11. Isn’t not a huge issue just kinda annoying and unexpected when opening the app to get the notification again.
  • We have been able to replicate this issue, but not figure out a solution or work around. If you can send us an email at support@Active911.com we can make sure to keep you updated on the status of this issue. I will also try to post an update here when we have one. 
  • It only seems to happen if I quickly open the app after getting the initial notification. I have tried waiting a minute or two and then open the app and it doesn’t set off the ring tone notification. I will just keep watching this topic for updates. Thanks for getting on this and I’m glad you were able to replicate the same issue.
  • After first upgrading the app literally didn't work. After removing and adding the app back, it works for alerts but randomly I get the alert sound when I open the app.
  • Just now it was 6 plus minutes from the original notification to opening the app and still getting another alert sound.
  • same as above i have sent you a message to my 33 users to delete and re install. not getting the incident alerts until the + plus minutes after the 1st call message not showing at all but alert tone going off any eta on getting a fix to this problem 
  • I’m finding this issue can be repeated by pulling down from top of the screen to see old notifications. If you click on an old notification for Active911 with your sound “on” you will get the alert tone to sound again.
  • I’m finding this issue has come back even after deleting the app and reinstalling its just not with Active911 it is happening with any app with notification
  • We are currently working on some resolutions for our app and iOS 11. Some people have had it start to work a little better since Apple released the 11.0.1 update.