Add Map Data to Alerts
  • Good evening
    I am wondering if there is a way to have the map data pull into an alert. Here is an example. We had a call tonight and it is at one of our group homes. We add these things into our map data. We also log oxygen, solar etc. The alert trumps the pre loaded map data and unless you zoom in real close will you see that next to it. It would be helpful to be able to put in an address in replace of he long and matt and have that data pull into the alert. This could also be helpful if there is a hydrant in from to that address.

If you can please let me know how if not would this be a consideration as it would be a great addition

Todd
    IMG_9417.PNG
    1242 x 2208 - 293K
  • That's an interesting idea.  Would something like showing the 5 closest map markers, within some distance of the alert, at the bottom of the alert help?
  • I think this would be a beneficial thing for many users.

What I would like to see is possibly add the resources that I have added to the site (pre plans ect.) more readily available to be seen rather then clicking on the map and having to hit an icon to bring that info up.

Can you just add the resources to the home alert screen under a new tab?

Thanks
  • we you 2nd this having info pulled from the data ie nearest hydrant point added to the call 
  • Grant P.,  You can currently long press on either the Apple or Android device and you can get the nearest map marker. 

For Apple devices, you long press on the map, then tap markers and then tap nearest and it will tell you the nearest marker to that spot.

For Android, you long press on the map and then at the top you tap nearest marker and that will tell you.
  • @Jonathan W.  Any progress on this?  I think this would be very helpful for the respondents to see any hazards, hydrants etc at the call location
  • We have an open idea for this in our portal, here is a link to it:

I will add the comments from this thread to the idea.

Please vote for it and get everyone else who would be helped by the feature to vote for it too.

More votes will help show the need for this feature so that we can get it scheduled sooner!