Duplicate alerts
  • For about the last 2 weeks when I receive a run on my iPad through push notification, the alert also goes off for the last 5 runs or so. I've gone into my push settings and have set it to only show 1 alert and it still displays the multiple alerts. Any ideas on what's going on.
  • Yeah, I have been having the same problem on my iPhone 5.  I am a iOS developer and I had iOS 7 beta 2 installed on my phone, so I assumed that this was the cause.  But if you are having the problem on iOS 6 (unless you have iOS 7 as well) then it must be something else... I just updated to iOS 7 beta 3 today and have yet to get a call, so I will see if it still does it on my phone.
  • I'm new to the Apple world, just made the switch, but from what I can see I have iOS 6.1.3.
  • i've had enough with these duplicate alerts, I'm deleting The Active911 app from my iPad until there is an update to fix the problem.
  • This is a known issue with the Apple Push Notification service (APNs). If you receive two notifications at the exact same time (two A911 calls, and A911 call and Facebook message, etc) one of the notifications has a chance to "hang" in the APNs system. Essentially, Apple sent both and only got confirmation that one was delivered and so it send the stuck message over and over again, whenever your device gets a new notification.

Does this sound like what is happening? We have been pestering Apple about this for months now. The message was sent from our system only once, and now those messages are hung up in Apple's servers. There is nothing we can do from our end to make them stop, because we don't have access to Apple's servers to go in and correct the problem.

We have had many users who said they have been able to get their local Apple store to help them get this stopped. Other users have reported that reinstalling the app has helped this as well.

We are sorry that we cannot rectify this. We are really hoping that Apple will get this bug in their servers fixed soon.
    Active911, Inc
    support@active911.com
    https://www.active911.com/Contact