On a SMART TV
  • Anyone else using a SMART TV to do webview?  We are, and it works.  But it does eventually time out.  Currently on a Samsung using the native browser. I would be interested in hear about other solutions such as that.
    Lt. J. Indelicato, EMT
    Brockport Fire District
    38 Market Street
    Brockport NY 14420
  • We have a Google TV with direct Ethernet, connected to our network, it has stayed up for weeks without issue. 

Its just running the built in Google chrome browser.
  • It's doing well on the Samsung, but if it loses connection, it does not recover.  Gotta restart the TV.
    Lt. J. Indelicato, EMT
    Brockport Fire District
    38 Market Street
    Brockport NY 14420
  • Now is your smart tv with just the apps or a true smart tv
  • True Smart TV.
    Lt. J. Indelicato, EMT
    Brockport Fire District
    38 Market Street
    Brockport NY 14420
  • We have problems with the Samsung browser as well. Everything we want to monitor times out. Personally I think the samsung browser is junk and isnt worth anything at all. Weather radar, active911, mediview, etc etc. nothing stays up longer than a day or so.

Id love to have a TV with Chrome on it, I think it would be much more reliable.
    Scot A Fields
    Supervisor/Dispatcher
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co. E911
    Livingston, TN
  • Sony offers Google TV boxes (about $130 at Best Buy) to plug into your existing TV's HDMI port.

Then you can easily run Google chrome, and browse to the Active 911 Webview site. The box has Ethernet, Wireless-N etc. I prefer Ethernet connected.

• I am now noticing a problem with Webview.  Responses from some clients don't show.  I have tested it and I can duplicate that my responses did not show unless I manually reload the page. Other responses do show.  For example, I responded via text message, iPhone, and windows smart phone.  Only the response from iphone showed on the webview.  This webview was also tested on a PC as well, same result.  This has resulting in an unreliability that is concerning.

Further testing indicates that responses via text or smartphone web do not automatically show in webview, while responses from iPhone and Webview do.
    Lt. J. Indelicato, EMT
    Brockport Fire District
    38 Market Street
    Brockport NY 14420