Edit RSS or News Feed Information
  • I would like to have the ability to edit what information is being set to the RSS and News Feed. I am working to set up a feed with IFTTT to post to our department Facebook & Twitter account but want to limit exactly what information is sent. I think it would be easy to have check boxes next to the fields that are pre determined by the "phaser" So if I want to hold back the street address or the residents name I could simply uncheck that box and it would simply post the street name, cross st, & incident type. I know this is already done via code when you post to a website but I would also like to have that ability RSS feeds.

• I second this request!  We also want to auto post certain run cards but leave off specific fields for privacy.
  • Justin,

I was able to set up a Twitter Feed through IFTTT, that only selects dispatches with "FIre,Jaws Call, etc" in it. You read your RSS feed to determine some key words that will only show up for your call type and then use them to filter the data that is going through. Not the simple solution, but it worked for me.
  • I am looking to add this feature (RSS/New feeds) to our dispatch Facebook account and web site.  What would be the best way to accomplish this?
  • Chad this was on elsewhere on the website:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Mww4cX6JvOR0RLWVlDNkhaZFk/edit

I just did it for FB and Twitter and it seems to be working.

• Nicolas,
    Would you please share the feed parameters that you used? I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. I have the IFTTT working, but its giving too much info. Thanks!
  • The linked instructions publish all alarms. If you want to publish only selected RSS items to Facebook or Twitter, you have to use a "New feed item matches..." filter. I used a similar IFTTT recipe to publish selected dispatches to Twitter.

You can see three recipe variations (publish all items to Facebook Page, publish some items to Facebook Page, publish some items to Twitter) on our IFTTT profile: https://ifttt.com/p/westmead1vfc/shared. You can also use them to create your own recipes.
    Webmaster for West Mead District #1 VFC, Meadville, PA www.westmead1.com