Messaging between devices in Active911
  • A couple of our firefighters asked about the possibility of doing apparatus to apparatus messaging with the Active911 application.  The more I thought about it the more interesting it got.  The idea was to click on an apparatus on the map (for example) and get a box where I could send that apparatus a direct message within the application.  Thought it was worth mentioning here to see the response from the community.  As long as new features do not delay the impending release of an Android version... :-)

• Are you using Web View in your trucks?
  • We have iPads in our apparatus and simply use iMessage or Facetime to communicate. What type of set up do you have?
    Gary Dillon, Firefighter/Active911 Admin.
    Crozet Vol. Fire Dept.
    Crozet, VA
    www.crozetfire.org
  • We have iPads in all the apparatus as well but all 15 iPads share 3 Apple ID's.  I suppose we could create a bunch of separate ID's for facetime but it would be nice to have everything in one application (the native Active911 app, not Webview).

However, I'm seeing a ton of "could we do this" type of requests on this forum, which is great but with only a couple developers and a lot of items on the punch list, I hate to keep making wish list items.  Maybe a new section on this forum for "Wish list" requests for future versions.  Low priority features. A91 staff could then let us know what is getting developed and what is not possible for now.
  • We are working on adding a chat function to the personnel page in the app. We are not sure if or how we will integrate this into Webview, but it is definitely in the works for the app devices.
    Active911, Inc
    support@active911.com
    https://www.active911.com/Contact
  • We use 5 iPads with one AppleID. They are connected with different email addresses for each one ex. engine51@emailaddress.com, engine52, etc.

Your iPads are also assigned telephone numbers from the wireless carrier that you can use to associate them.
    Gary Dillon, Firefighter/Active911 Admin.
    Crozet Vol. Fire Dept.
    Crozet, VA
    www.crozetfire.org
  • Chad, as more requests come in we will be moving discussions to various "feature request" subcategories. For now, we want people to be able to see them all and know that is being worked on. We also have the voting system in place so that people can vote up certain requests. We will be adding polls to the forums soon as another way to get feedback on what items people want us to concentrate on.
    Active911, Inc
    support@active911.com
    https://www.active911.com/Contact