AGENCY OPTIONS
  • Greetings all,

In the agency options settings, I have a couple of questions:
    - WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH DUPLICATED ALERTS:
    -> Our alerts are based on the CAD number. We received one at the beginning of a call, and one at the end (RIP&RUN). 
    If I select PASS THROUGH, is it going to have active 911 go off again ? Or is it only going to update the current call without going off ? 
    Same question for UPDATE. 

WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH RUN REPORTS
    I thought all alerts were run reports ? 

If someone could give me some lights on those features, I would appreciate. 
    Thanks
  • Duplicate alerts from your CAD will always cause the phone to activate again. A few months ago they said the ability to just update without reactivating would be coming.  
  • I think some systems will send along a Run Report titled as such with the call alerts titled as say Medical or Fire. I think the option was added to be able to block run reports from appearing as an alert.

We send run reports to separate devices so it has never affected us much.
  • i currently have two agencies in my IPhone IV -- Just this evening When one agency would alert I would receive both alert tones at the same time (I keep them separate to distinguish who is who) now I get the both tones and cant get them to reset to each agency with a separate alert tone --I'm not real Tech savoy but hopefully there is an easy fix ?   anyone ?
  • So you are a member of two agencies with separate active911 accounts?

Then Agency A sends an alert but not Agency B and you receive a tone for both?
  • Pass through will let them pass through the system and create a new alert.

Update will update the original call with new units, and add a descriptive note to the notes section. We are working on having this update more information.

Discard is pretty self explanatory.

The full help article for this can be found at https://www.active911.com/help/duplicate_alert_options.
    Active911, Inc
    support@active911.com
    https://www.active911.com/Contact