Make a user an admin of a group?
  • Havent seen anything about this...

Lets say you have a volunteer FD and you add the chief of that VFD, and make the group for his department.

He (or she!) should be able to add users to his locked group without having to be a full admin, or permissions admin.

Im thinking something along the lines of...in the group members box (where you add members), put a second "department head" box to add users who can add/remove users from their group.
    Scot A Fields
    Supervisor/Dispatcher
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co. E911
    Livingston, TN
  • Ok, no bites...so do most agencies just have one or two admins who manage the whole system?

I think it would be a wonderful feature to allow a user to be able to add/remove/edit members of their own groups which they are assigned as admins.

We have 300-400 people across 14 volunteer fire departments (not to mention EMS and Law as well) in our current pagegate notification system and will slowly be rolling new users in...but it would be really nice I think (for me at least) to be able to delegate "this user is an admin of group X" and allow that user to manage membership, devices, etc..giving them (fire chiefs in this example) control of their own paging roster?

Surely Im not the only one who wants less micromanagement?
    Scot A Fields
    Supervisor/Dispatcher
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co. E911
    Livingston, TN
  • We give the users the ability to delegate their own page groups using the app.  In our welcome message to each user when we give them their device code, we explain the groups and then allow the firefighters to choose the one(s) they should be listening to.
  • Scot, your question is pretty valid.  I believe it's on our (long) todo list.  We're trying to hire more developers so we can get this and other features rolling sooner rather than later.  I don't have an ETA, but it is on our radar.
  • As the Chief of the organization is there a back up way to have a copy of the alert sent to my email
  • Here's two separate ways to email the alerts to you: (there are several others ways in doing this)

Go to "If This Then That"'s website (http://www.ifttt.com) , and make an account.

Choose If RSS FEED is updated (paste your Active 911's RSS feed in here) **THEN** EMAIL THE UPDATE. (put in your email)

If you use Microsoft Outlook, You can subscribe to the A911 RSS Feed in Microsoft Outlook for example, 

Either method - You will receive updates each time your A911 RSS FEED updates.

You might need a 'IT' oriented person to do either for you - but it is possible, to answer your question.

• There's one other way, too.  If you contact support, they can put in one (1) email address to receive a copy of all alarms.  It's a passthrough thing, and can only be added by support at the moment.
  • Ah good to know! 
  • Yes, it was an undocumented feature. We're documenting it now in the new wiki, sorry :P