Im using Interact CAD with pagegate.
  • Just making the "hello"....Im working to get interact CAD and pagegate working in active911. Seems a parsing issue where the community im sending is getting put into the "title" field, and the call type (which should be the title) getting dropped completely..which Im sure will work itself out over time. 

Also Ive noticed that all calls are using my default town, and not the postal community Im sending

If anyone uses interact CAD and/or pagegate, Im happy to help...share ideas, etc.
    Scot A Fields
    Supervisor/Dispatcher
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co. E911
    Livingston, TN
  • We are using Interact CAD with Pagegate. We are just starting to look at Active911 on request of many of our Fire/Rescue agencies that we support. We are not as far along as you are, but I believe our next step is try to setup this CAD interface up.

I would love to hear if you able to get the parsing issue fixed. I'm sure we will run into the same thing.

Jerry Eaton
    Clermont County Ohio Comm. Center
  • The parsing will be fixed when the parser programming by Active911 is complete. It will just take a little time is all.

Were you already using pagegate with Interact CAD for paging SMS messages already?

If so, its a pretty easy switch. Ill be happy to help.

Scot Fields
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co E911
    Scot A Fields
    Supervisor/Dispatcher
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co. E911
    Livingston, TN
  • Parsing is fixed and has been for some time. Just make a new SNPP recipient in pagegate and set CAD to page on DSP (and not CLR) under options -> setup -> unit maintenance.

Scot A Fields
    Supervisor/Dispatcher
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co. E911
    Livingston, TN
  • It didnt take long to fix the parsing issue. We are loving this system and I have it working flawlessly with Interact CAD + Pagegate.

Let me know if you need any assistance setting up.
    Scot A Fields
    Supervisor/Dispatcher
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co. E911
    Livingston, TN
  • I was introduced to Active911 by an instructor at a recent class and after seeing what it can do I decided to look further into it. My dispatch center uses InterAct CAD and I'm curious how we could set it up to work with Active911 to send automatic messages to their server. I see some of you are using "PageGate". Can someone give me some information on PageGate and how it works with InterAct? Also, pricing options for this interface? Thank you from a newby.
  • Chance W.

Pagegate should have come with the InterAct CAD.

If it does not, you should be able to buy it and integrate it without any trouble. Your CADSERVER or COMMSERVER (more likely) should have come preinstalled with it from Interact,

I can walk you through it step by step as I have administered InterAct CAD for over 10 years, but these forums are not very user friendly so Id offer for you to contact me separately.

sfields at opecd dot com
    Scot A Fields
    Supervisor/Dispatcher
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co. E911
    Livingston, TN
  • Scot F.

We are having a problem getting our dispatch set up right. We are using interact cad. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks Kurt Williams
  • Kurt,

What version of InterAct CAD are you using?
    Scot A Fields
    Supervisor/Dispatcher
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co. E911
    Livingston, TN
  • I don't know...it's the newest one they have out. I do not work at the dispatch center...I am on one of the fire departments they dispatch for.
  • I see, well in that case your CAD admins will have to set it up, its not something that can be done from an end user perspective.
    Scot A Fields
    Supervisor/Dispatcher
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co. E911
    Livingston, TN
  • Yes I understand that...but they don't know how to either...I'm asking for them.
  • Kurt, We are using InterAct version 10 at our center. The CAD admin console should have the ability to "Auto Send on Unit Status" which is under the Messaging section of the menus. From there, you should be able to set up the "auto send" for your dept. You can set up the units and set the status to notify on Dispatch and enter the alert email into the field. If you need further assistance with your dispatch center, let me know.
  • Our dispatch is using classic CAD from Interact and we are trying to have the Narrative that is typed to automatically be pushed threw with the initial call on the active 911. Our dispatch and the interact Tech support can't/don't know or think that it is possible but I see with almost any other CAD on the market this info is obtainable and I was wondering if anyone had the same issue and may have found the correct answer to obtain this information.
  • Will,

I doubt its going to be possible to send narratives or original remarks with the page. The only way would be to get Interact to custom program it for you.

Interact CAD forms a small text file based on the CAD created, this text file contains the call information that gets passed on to Active911, pagegate, etc... The problem is not that its not possible, its that Interact would have to change this function for your agency specifically, unless you have one of the newer versions like Chance has, where messaging is built into CAD. 

Once the text file is created, its dropped into the paging folder the your pagerandfax application on the server is polling the folder every 2 seconds for changes...when it sees a file come in, it parses it off to pagegate which in turn passes it on to whatever recipient or group you have it specified to send to.

So its possible, but you'll probably have to pay interact for a feature enhancement to get it.

The easy way around it would be to use the pagegate client to manually send narratives/dispatch remarks.
    Scot A Fields
    Supervisor/Dispatcher
    Network Administrator
    Overton/Pickett Co. E911
    Livingston, TN
  • I do know that the newer version 10 has that capability if you should decide to upgrade later on. The administrative console where most of the end user programming takes place is pretty simple to use and setting up the automatic paging/messaging was really easy since it's built right in. You can also choose which information to include in the automatic messages/e-mails and narratives is one of those.
  • Alright all you InterAct fans, I just signed up for a trial of Active911 yesterday!  I just sent the email address string to my CAD manager at our 911 center.  I"m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping this goes better than my recent experience trying to get FireHouse Software and InterAct's CAD interface to play correctly with each other.  Thank goodness they have an extended trial period, as I fully expect to need it.

I see most of the threads above tend to lean more to SMS and PageGate.  I suspect that is the old technology.  We are currently getting our CAD info via Email from our CAD.  I'm fully hoping that the address string I just passed off to my CAD manager is as simply as add it in and send the data, then Active911 only has to do their part.  I did inquire with here as to what version of CAD they're on; she advised Rev 6.2.3.77G.  Maybe Scott F. can shed more light on that aspect.  I'm really hoping all goes well, at least until the move to NewWorld CAD next year.