Agency-selectable response tabs
  • I have seen mention of Active911 working on giving the agency the option to set different response buttons. For instance, I would like to have a button that says "to scene" or something like that since many of our members respond directly to the scene. Right now, we tell them that if they are responding to the scene to use the "available" button and that works for now. How far down the priority list is this feature?
    Gary Dillon, Firefighter/Active911 Admin.
    Crozet Vol. Fire Dept.
    Crozet, VA
    www.crozetfire.org
  • I would also like to see this feature as I work at 2 departments that are combination and have officers that sometimes respond to the scene.
  • This is a fairly high priority item. After finishing the last iOS update, we are focusing on the Android app, some much need TLC on the Webview interface, and adding new features/rearranging features on the web console. If you watch your tab (the one to the far left-hand side) in the web console in the coming days, we will be making some changes to allow individual members with non-admin privileges the ability to changes shift and duty status online, as well as manage their pagegroup subscriptions and possibly shift schedules. This should help out the CADpage users who do not have access to this right now like the iOS users do.
    Active911, Inc
    support@active911.com
    https://www.active911.com/Contact
  • We have talked in my dept. too and would like to have this option. We would like to see Resp Scene and Resp Station buttons. 

• Many people throughout our county have asked for the same button options.  We agree that it would help everyone out if you have:

Resp Scene, Resp Station, Arrived Scene, Avail, Unvl. 

This would cover career and volunteer staff.  Responding to Scene and Station options would benefit volunteers greatly.

• The best option for Active911 is to make these buttons modifiable from account to account.
    Gary Dillon, Firefighter/Active911 Admin.
    Crozet Vol. Fire Dept.
    Crozet, VA
    www.crozetfire.org
  • Gary D: totally agree.  We all have different needs.  I want the response buttons to be specific to our station numbers since that is where our volunteers go as well as Responding Scene, Arrived, Available for the engines.

How do they implement that so the screen is not full of buttons?  Maybe the 'Resp Station' button is a drop down button that we can populate with our own station numbers/names.  I volunteer hits that button and a sub-menu pops up then with all our own data??  Just a thought to help keep it clean from the main screen but still give us what Gary is after.
  • We have 2 stations that people may respond to.  We need to be able to see if they are going to station 1 or station 2, especially since the GPS is not always reliable to see where they are at, and members that don't have Android/iPhone (maybe a dumbphone or blackberry) don't show-up on GPS at all.  I was told that this is one of the next things coming after the last iOS update and it's the 1 single thing that one of my departments is waiting for before paying into Active911 and switching from another service.